We are looking for an experienced Senior Field Service Technician to join NZ leading irrigation and water service franchise. A vacancy has become available in New Plymouth.
With over 400 employees in New Zealand and Australia, this company is looking for motivated individuals to lead their business into the future.
Our client specializes in the design and implementation of the most water-efficient irrigation and water management programs for clients across all sectors and regions of Australia and New Zealand. The role (based in Taranaki) is for an experienced technician. You will be responsible for repairing and installing a range of irrigation equipment, milking machine equipment and pumps infield and in store. Installation of new milking machines, pumps, effluent, irrigation, filtration systems.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and skills;
- Certificate 3 in irrigation or equivalent
- Relevant license for use of an excavator and other equipment, ie butt welding certificates
- Knowledge of pump types and the ability to diagnose problems and implement effective solutions and repairs
- Completed various technical pumps courses on offer from manufacturers, together with certificates of completion
- Demonstrate an understanding of OH&S principals and the ability to complete OH&S documentation, such as JSA's. Understanding of SOP's
- POS and other computer skills
- Minimum of three years pump repair experience and installation of irrigation equipment
- Worked in a commercial or agricultural environment
Our client is looking for someone who can work unsupervised and demonstrate competent document control. It's important that the successful candidate is customer service oriented and prepared to follow company policies. The role will include working in a small team environment along with some training and work out of town which may require an overnight stay. The ideal candidate will have a tidy appears and looking after their field and vehicle equipment. Please note, for this role we require flexibility with working hours and will include some weekend work.
Key Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Adhere to company OH&S standards and other related company policies
- Keep the workshop clean and tidy to ensure effective work conditions and to support the Think Water brand.
- Ensure work vehicles remain clean and tidy and all tools and parts are accounted for
- Diagnose irrigation, effluent parts that are presented by customers in the field and in-store when required
- Diagnose & repair milking machines and parts that are presented by customers in the field and in-store when required.
- Diagnose and repair a range of pumps types, including but not limited to the submersible, diaphragm, multistage, variable speed drives, helical rotor pumps etc
- Fix, repair and install various irrigation systems, including controller systems and pump sets for pop-ups in commercial turf applications, solid set and under tree systems. This will may also include trenching and use of other machinery
- Assist with other aspects of maintaining the business as required, including stock-takes.
- Complete all paperwork relating to individual jobs both in the workshop and on-site
- Notify customers before going to a job to ensure the time is convenient.
- Notify customers when repairs are complete and can be collected
- Order spare parts and other equipment as required (this may require sign off)
- Plan external jobs in conjunction with other staff members and managers
- Proactive participation in weekly staff meetings and monthly staff meetings
- The provision of technical advice and sales support to customers via phone and for counter sales
If you meet the above requirements, and are looking for a change or considering a move to the great lifestyle region of Taranaki, please respond with your cover letter and a copy of your CV. Alternatively, contact Brooke on 06 968 4510 to discuss further.
OneStaff is one of NZ's largest networks of privately owned Recruitment Agencies. We are 100% NZ owned and operated, and consist of the former individual branches of Coverstaff International (across Invercargill, Queenstown, Christchurch, Nelson, Wellington, Palmerston North) and Onsite Recruitment (in North Shore Auckland, South Auckland, New Plymouth, and Hawkes Bay). We also have branches in Hamilton & Tauranga and Rotorua.