Hours: Full time
Organisation: Department of Internal Affairs (DIA)
Business Group: AML Group, Regulatory Services
Branch: Policy Regulation and Communities
Salary: Negotiable on skills and experience
We are Regulatory Services and we are one of the New Zealand Government’s larger regulatory bodies. We promote effective regulatory outcomes in three broad systems: anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, gambling and digital safety.
As a risk-based, responsive and modern regulator we provide effective regulatory services in an increasingly complex, borderless, and digital world.
In this role you will be part of a dedicated and focused team that delivers innovative and effective engagement to build a safe, prosperous, and respected nation. The work you do will increase New Zealanders trust and confidence in our regulated sectors, enhances New Zealand’s international reputation , and help New Zealand businesses minimise the opportunity for criminals to launder money and finance terrorism through the products and services they provide.
You will develop and manage effective and influential relationships across the regulatory system and deliver engagement initiatives to deepen sector knowledge and capability through collaboration, project management and championing continuous improvement in everything you do.
You will have:
- Experience (ideally 5+ years) in a similar role (communications/stakeholder relations based); A high standard of verbal and written
- Communication skills – including strong attention to detail;
- Proven ability to build deep knowledge of external stakeholders’ unique environment
- Critical and big picture thinking skills to work across varied & at times complex requirements;
- Demonstrated influencing skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Strong organisational and project delivery skills to achieve & exceed business objectives & outcomes;
- Self-motivation, drive, results orientation & the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- To have current working rights to work in NZ.
If you are looking for a challenge and want a job where the work you do matters to communities across New Zealand, contact us now.
Applications close: Thursday 7th February 2019
For more information view https://www.beyondrecruitment.co.nz/clients/the-department-of-internal-affairs and for a copy of the job description please contact: Anna Hobern email@example.com 021 366 015
Ref No: 96423