A well-known name main contractor with decades of history is now looking for a decisive senior project manager with a depth of experience across medium to larger design and construct commercial projects. The company has top brand recognition and have a great staff welfare track record.
The projects are based in Auckland city and Northland. Pending resourcing travel will be involved up to 2 days per week for one of their projects in Northland. Also, they have several tender outcomes waiting in the wings which is looking likely to fetch more work.
As a project manager, you will lead a project team throughout project delivery. This will involve regular and ongoing contact with project team members, sub-contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A tertiary qualification in construction management, architecture, quantity surveying or engineering
- 10 + years experience in managing a mix of medium to large design and construct projects
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Ability to lead and performance manage construction teams to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Solid programming skills
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication
In recognition of your efforts, you will be rewarded with a market leading salary of $140K - $160K plus vehicle
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 5544 064, or please email your details to email@example.com