A leader in the entertainment and hospitality sector, this large organisation is gearing up for some major capital projects including new builds and a programme of major refurbishments. They have a major property portfolio with properties across major cities and tourist towns in NZ. The organisational culture is fast paced, vibrant and energetic.
Specifically, they have two large-scale hotel developments at design stage which require a projects director to the take the lead on. The role is likely to involve travel.
- As a project director, your key focus will be:
- Initiating, managing and facilitating key initiatives such as board reporting, cost management and post implementation review
- Reviewing status and direction of the programme
- Leading risk management workshops
- Facilitating and engaging external parties such as consultants and contractors
- Chairing project steering groups
- Ensuring key stakeholders are kept abreast of progress and keys issues as they relate and reporting changes to scope and financial position
- Proactively managing the complexity of projects, breadth of stakeholder groups and challenging delivery timeframes.
- Ensuring Heath and Safety and compliance issues are reported and adhered to
- 10 + years experience of proven project management delivering large scale projects in a complex construction environment, ideally within a consultancy of client-side environment
- A strategic thinker and ability to achieve results through others
- Outstanding people skills, adept at being able to read others and to manage competing stakeholder interests
- Ideally industry experience relating to hospitality, entertainment or retail
- Outstanding level of multi stakeholder engagement and relationship building skill
- A strong understanding of NZ3910/NZ3915 and other contractual frameworks
- Excellent financial nous with ability to report and evaluate
$180K - $185K + 10% Bonus, + 10% Share agreement + medical insurance + car parking
If you believe you have the necessary skills to be successful in this key position, apply here or contact Matt Shortt at Beyond Recruitment on 027 55544064 for a confidential discussion regarding this role.
Job Ref: 99653