- Cost pressure budget experience essential
- Financial Modelling experience
- $125k - $140k Base
Reporting to the Financial Performance Manager, this role is to provide strategic financial leadership, analysis and support to support the Department’s objectives and stretch goals.
The Finance Team sits within Corporate Services and ensures the viability and sustainability of the Department through strategic financial management, and by planning, measuring, and reporting its business and financial interests.
The Senior Management Accountant represents the Finance team on strategic initiatives requiring financial thought leadership and expertise including:
- Investor Confidence rating
- Long term capital investment and asset management
- Budget bids
- Costs and revenue, e.g. new income streams
- Business cases
- Ensuring strategies and policies are fit for purpose
- Financial planning and performance reporting.
Extensive knowledge and experience of financial management systems and processes including:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP)
- Public sector planning and performance reporting and supporting frameworks
- Financial governance and management accounting disciplines
- NZ Government financial management framework and legislation
- Financial Management information Systems (SAP)
- Large capital investment programmes
- Ability to review and analyse complex data and compile reports
- Writing reports, briefings, budget initiatives, Cabinet Papers and business case development
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Michael Chhim on (04) 473 2116 quoting job number 1000167
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz