IT Infrastructure Architect - AWS exp ess

IT and Telecommunications

Job description

Job Ref 96532

PLEASE READ: you MUST be living in New Zealand right now AND be a NZ citizen, NZ Resident or hold a valid work visa in order to apply!

IT Infrastructure Architect - some AWS experience essential

  • $135,000 per annum neg PLUS Kiwisaver, Wgtn CBD
  • fantastic organisation, great management, great culture!


The organisation is a high profile government agency. They employ around 700 people, and are based in central city Wellington. The organisation has a reputation as being a fantastic place to work. They offer an interesting, varied professional environment and a highly supportive and inclusive style of management.


Their IT site has around 70 people in total. You will be a member of an IT architecture team of eight people. 

The organisation is about to undertake a major project that will span the next 3 years. The technology utilised by that project will be Cloud based, hence the need for the appointee to this role to have some background in implementing AWS.

You will be reporting to the Chief Architect, who is a highly capable and knowledgeable professional, and great to work for.

They want to employ someone who has a strong background of working in the IT infrastructure architecture field. About 80% of your role will be focused on addressing traditionally focused IT architecture and its' development and enhancements. The remaining 20% will be focused on issues relating to AWS and the Cloud.

Their specialised technical support work is outsourced to an external vendor. Given this, they aren't looking for a highly technical Infrastructure Architect as the vendor looks after that. However, you would be working closely with the vendor to engage with them around infrastructure projects, enhancements, upgrades, etc.

What they DO want to secure is an Infrastructure Architect who understands emerging trends in the design area of infrastructure, and who can identify which of these trends might be of benefit to the organisation if they were to be adopted. Therefore, they are looking for someone who has a real curiosity and interest in such areas, and who is able to research and investigate new developments in the industry.


  • demonstrated experience in the IT infrastructure design and implementation field
  • experience of working in a mission-critical, enterprise-scale systems environment
  • some experience of utilising AWS, including implementing AWS in to business-as-usual
  • experience of liaising with third party providers and maintaining positive levels of engagement with them in a partnership-oriented approach
  • experience of carrying out infrastructure architecture projects, from design to implementation.

They offer a happy, positive work environment that is second to none, and a chance to use your current expertise whilst also expanding your skills and knowledge as you go. Some flexibility around working hours, including work-from-home arrangements, is available subject to negotiation.

Sound good? It is! Email your resume to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 for more information. PLEASE NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV has been received.