Our client is all about fresh produce and are looking for an inventory controller to join their team to ensure the smooth-running operations of their factory are maintained. This role will cover both the Grenada North and Seaview depot.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Wellington Logistics Lead is responsible for all aspects of inventory handling and reconciliation between receipting of product through to delivery, picking and confirmation to the contractor runs. This role is responsible for identifying, recommending and implementing best practice solutions to improve inventory control and assure on site quality and health and safety practices.
The role will ensure high levels of customer service and be the lead on all SAP related matters. The role is scheduled to work graveyard shifts.
Warehousing and Inventory
* Assure physical and SAP stock movements are aligned for: receipting, product write offs, picking process, transfers to and from contractors
* Accurate inwards check identifying any mispicks and/or shortages communicated
* Thorough investigation of standing orders in relation to returns
* Creation of accurate STO/thorough review of inbound orders and remove SLOB
* Work with contractors on building individual STOs for handover
* Identify training needs with Contractors prior to handover
* Review of other areas of inventory leakage - product not invoiced out (security/invoicing issues within the system)
* Lead and support the Warehouse team across the two sites
* Damaged stock removed, recorded, and adjustments completed on a daily basis.
* Ensure storeman are rotating (FIFO) stock correctly with attention to slow moving items.
* All relevant paperwork completed, and SAP transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
* Full monthly statistical review of adjustments, highlighting trends. Responsible to recommending and implementing short/long term strategies to address trends. Identify opportunities for reducing/eliminating cost
* Assist openly and honestly in audits as required
* Ensure housekeeping is of a high standard and appropriate records are in order
* Ensure product quality and be able to show traceability
* Work with the training team to prepare appropriate documentation for handover
* Prior FMCG/Food industry experience in large warehouse environment operating multi sites.
* SAP knowledge is a plus
* Exposure to Logistics and Supply Chain processes
* Have a growth mindset and ability to think strategically to deliver and drive results
* Forklift certificate would be advantageous but not essential
* Tertiary qualification in Logistics or Supply Chain Management desired
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button attaching your CV. For any questions please call Megan on 04 499 0344