Position: Healthcare Assistant
Type: Minimum 30 hours per week
Come work for an organisation who are at the forefront of innovative Aged Care, hospital level care and Dementia, Respite and Palliative care. With over 20 locations, 1500 staff and 1700 residents nationwide, makes them one of the largest providers of Aged Care in New Zealand. "People caring for People".
The key to this organisation's success - combining the latest, state-of-the-art facilities, services and practices with good old fashioned, down-to-earth Kiwi values and standards.
The successful applicant will be providing:
* Care needs to residents and participating effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary clinical team
* A high standard of basic nursing care, under the Supervision of a Registered Nurse
* Supports the Registered Nurse with the planning care requirements of the residents
* Effective support resulting in residents having optimal health, wellbeing and functional ability
* Health & Safety hazard identification, and managing any risks
* Support to the family/whanau of residents and ensuring that they also feel well supported
It will be a great advantage if you a have any of the following:
* Level 2 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (or equivalent)
* A minimum of 4 years relevant, and hands-on experience working in the Aged Care industry
* The ability to work on a rostered shift basis
* Knowledge, or experience of the Resident Code of Rights
* Follow infection control policies and procedures to minimise the risk of transmission and infection
* Ability to speak bilingual and have a basic understanding of the needs of different cultural groups
* Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
* Competitive pay rates with weekend rates
* Work alongside a professional and innovate Healthcare team, who are personable and expertly trained
* Ongoing professional development with opportunities for progression
* Family friendly environment and company with a culture that centres around warmth, inclusion, connection and respect.
If this sounds like a role that plays to your strengths and a company where you can see yourself being a key person for the long term, then apply online today! Please attach an up to date CV and cover letter (Word version).