Our client is all about building! As a nationwide building supplies merchant, they have everything you need. While they love timber, they sell everything you need for building projects from paint to timber poles, polished kitchenware to bathroom ware. They are looking for Hammer Hands to join their team. This role is for an immediate start.
About the role:
A busy role where it will be advantageous for you to know about the building trade and be ready to jump straight in. Your main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Operate saws to cut timber accurately to cutting lists.
- Build trusses and frames manually or use machinery supplied accurately to plans.
- Report damaged or worn equipment to the Team Leader promptly.
- Monitor and ensure performance targets are met.
- Maintain an effective and tidy working area.
- Provide assistance to other work areas when own work is up to date.
- Ensure material used meets quality and industry standards.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7:00 to 16:30 with an early finish on Fridays or 15:30. There is the potential to work extra and some Saturdays depending on the work load.
To be successful you will need:
- To have the ability to read and work against cutting lists
- To have experience with timber saws
- Nail gun experience
- Preferable if you have experience in the prenail industry but not essential
- Timber knowledge
To be eligible for this role you must provide 2 work references and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Candidates for this role will be required to have New Zealand Residency or a New Zealand work permit.
If you have the skills required. APPLY now or if you'd like to discuss the role further call Megan on 04 499 0344 for a confidential discussion.