Newly created Financial Accounting Manager role, lead a high performing team under the supervision of the Financial Controller. The role is responsible for the preparation of financial accounts, yearend financial statements, maintenance and monitoring of financial controls and preparation of financial analytics.
High level responsibilities includes:
- To provide financial insight through the preparation of timely and accurate financial information.
- Establish credibility throughout the organisation as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Be proactive in identifying improvements to the financial process and controls participate in group wide initiatives.
- Engage with external and internal auditors to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and standards.
- Ensure compliance with financial control and ensure any internal control issues are escalated appropriately in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of Accounting activities.
- Establish performance metrics for the team and demonstrate improvement over time.
Skills and experience will include:
- Minimum 5+ years technical financial/statutory accounting experience, with experience leading a team.
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Ability to motivate a team and work proactively to achieve deadlines
- Balance technical knowledge with a hands-on approach and interest in developing team members.
- Knowledge of internal controls and experience in identifying opportunities for process improvement and simplification.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting processes, procedures and controls.
- Participate in building a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong Excel skills.
Apply via the link provided, all applications will be kept strictly confidential. You can also give Peter Campbell a call on (04) 494 7091 for a confidential discussion.
Ref No: 97842