Our Client has been around since 1912 and have made a reputation within New Zealand. They are a leading provider in cement. Their managers attend conferences and make site visits around the world to research the latest trends and methods. They're proud to be Kiwi but this global outlook helps them stay at the forefront of world-class standards in surveying, site development and processing natural resources.
We are currently recruiting a Engineering Assistant to work alongside their site engineers at multiple quarry sites performing & assisting with maintenance work, upgrades, improvements, breakdowns, safety initiatives etc.
Requirements for the role:
- Have Mechanical / engineering experience or knowledge
- Used to working outside in all weather conditions
- Can work in a team environment
- Can conform to their high safety site requirements which involves wearing hi vis overalls, gloves, hardhat, glasses, boots at all times
- Can use hand and power tools
- Advantage if can gas cut and or weld
- No past injuries that could restrict movement when working on quarry plants
Normal hours of work : 7am to 5pm.
Days: Two options - x 4 days Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon or x 5 days Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon
You must pass the following pre-employment checks:
- Clean MOJ
- Pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Clean full class 1 car licence
If you can fulfil the requirements of this position please apply today with an updated CV.