NOTE - PLEASE READ THIS: you MUST be currently living in New Zealand and be a NZ Permanent Resident OR A NZ citizen in order to apply!
job ref 98353 SCS
Data Architect - strategy and Big Data focus - superb opportunity to work in a GREAT architecture team!
Based in enterprise scale ICT architecture group of highly successful private sector company
Brilliant opportunity to work in a team of 4 dedicated IT architects
- Are you looking for a role that lets you work as THE Data Architect specialist for a large, highly successful organisation?
- Would you like to make the fullest possible use of your technical expertise in the areas Big Data, Restful integration and Cloud systems?
- Have you worked as a Data Architect role within a substantial environment supporting mission critical systems?
- Do you like the idea of working in a team of architecture professionals that allows you to get involved in road mapping, technical debates and enterprise consulting level initiatives?
Yes? Then read on!
About the Organisation
This is a well-established and highly successful private sector organisation employing around 120 people throughout New Zealand. They are based in central city Wellington, close to all transport links and offer fabulous offices to work in and a positive, supportive team environment to be part of.
About the role
The senior management team tell us that the key thing for them is to find someone who can assess and design the best path for them to take towards the adoption of emerging and commercially beneficial technologies that will add value to the organisation. So they are looking for someone who can plan and strategise very well, and who can think outside the box, and who is naturally curious about new technologies and how they can be utilised in a successful business.
Their most recent Data Architect has been highly successful in the role. However, he has now moved out of Wellington. He told us that enjoyed the role enormously. So now they need to find another highly capable Data Architect who is keen to be involved in a wide range of project based architecture work.
Reporting to the Head Architect you will be a member of a team of 4 architecture professionals. You will be the sole Data Architect, and therefore a major contributor around issues relating to data architecture strategy and design, as well as implementation and delivery. You will also be working closely with the rest of the solutions architecture team and contributing ideas to the overall ICT architecture roadmap, design and strategy in the course of brainstorming and discussions.
There are a range of projects going on at any one time, so you can be assured of a wide range of interesting work to carry out.
You will be working on several projects at once, and will be liaising heavily with project managers in carrying out your architecture activities to a successful conclusion.
What they want to see in your CV:
- A strong background as a Data Architect
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of Big Data, Restful integration and Cloud-based systems
- Strong data modelling skills, and very good experience of having worked with range of database technologies
- Demonstrated ability in transactional data design and modern analytical design methodologies
- A good awareness of emerging technologies such as columnar and Nosql databases, predictive analysis, data visualisation, machine learning and unstructured data.
The team you will be working with is a positive, happy and cooperative one, so you can be assured of a great group to work with.
Sound good? It IS! To apply email your CV to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 for more information. NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV has been received.