Our client is a leading waste and recycling management company who are looking for their next superstar to join their team. They are committed to training the right person to learn the many parts of their business.
We are looking for an experienced class 2 truck driver who is also capable of physical labour to join the team on a full-time, with the view to go permanent. There are great incentives in place for permanent staff
This role will see you driving an LEV (left entry vehicle), automatic class 2 truck, climbing in and out of the truck multiple times through out the day and lifting rubbish bags and emptying recycling bins which may be up to 15kg.
The successful candidate would start as a Class 2 driver completing collections around the Tauranga region.
This is a very physical role - lifting bags as well as learning to operate a LEV truck. You must be physically fit enough to handle repetitive lifting.
You will be required for approximately 40-50 hours per week Monday to Friday, and some Saturdays around public holidays.
Benefits of this role include;
- Hourly wage starting at $22-$23ph
- Full training with an experienced driver, showing you the run and operation of truck. May be introduced to loaders as well
- Job security in an ongoing, full-time position
- Monday to Friday day shift hours - can vary between 6am start and 6pm finish
- Keep fit while you work!
Our successful candidates will posses the following;
- Clean, class 2 drivers licence
- Two relevant work references
- Good level of fitness and endurance
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Great work ethic
Please note our candidates also undergo a Ministry of Justice background check and an ACC claims check.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now with an up-to-date CV, or call 0800 178 233