My client has been designing and building clever, high-tech machinery for the frame and truss industry since 1978. They design and manufacture cutting, pressing and nailing machines for clients across the United States, Canada, South Africa, Russia, Australia, the Pacific Islands and New Zealand.
They are now seeking a skilled and experienced Automation Software Developer to join the team and assist the continuous growth of their successful business.
About the Position
The primary responsibility of this role is to aid in the development, maintenance, testing and support of machinery control systems performing automated sawing and timber assembly operations. This is a hands-on software development position, working closely with their external automation and software development supplier as well as with the machinery software team within the group. You will be developing front-end user applications as well as safe and efficient control systems involving sensors, motors, drives and actuators. Much of the time may be spent on the factory floor, developing, integrating, testing and refining systems for new and existing products.
The successful candidate for this position must be articulate, with good written and verbal communication skills. They will be flexible, versatile and comfortable working across a broad range of fields. They will also be eager and quick to learn new skills and focussed and finding the best possible solution to complex problems.
We are looking for a candidate who can be described as one of the following:
· An experienced (5+ years) Software Engineer, proficient in C#/.NET with some experience in Automation/Control Systems, or a relevant field such as Electronics or Robotics.
· An experienced (5+ years) Controls Engineer, who is also proficient in C#/.NET, and is willing to expand their skills in this area and grow into a role that will have a strong focus on .NET development
Key Selection Criteria
· Proficiency with C# and/or VB.NET
· Strong knowledge of .NET framework, preferably with WPF experience
· Experience with databases (SQL & LINQ)
· Working knowledge of Git, preferably with Gitflow experience
Additional Selection Criteria
· Control Systems experience (PLCs, VSDs, Servos, Sensors, Actuators, Pneumatics, IO, Communications)
· Experience with testing & commissioning critical software or Control Systems
· Basic electronics knowledge
· Mathematical ability in trigonometry, 2D and 3D coordinate systems
· Basic knowledge of timber frame and truss terminology
*Note: This role would be located in Tauranga, New Zealand.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or call Tim Fang on 021 192 4251 for a confidential discussion.
Beyond IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.