Sun Media are looking for an accounts manager to crunch the numbers. Our business is fast moving and complex, so numbers really need to be your thing. If you're looking for school hours, that can also work, so go ahead and apply!
Tasks included in the role:
- Daily receipting for all bank accounts, including Bartercard and credit cards.
- Bank reconciliations for all accounts kept up to date and any queries resolved in a timely manner.
- Accounts payable. This includes accurate data entry of all suppliers' invoices to be paid and batch preparation, within Xero.
- Completion of all accounting, including payment of suppliers' invoices, ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Ensuring Direct Debits are maintained and ready for processing around the 15th of each month.
- Filing and ad hoc administrative tasks as requested.
- Back up phone support/reception.
Essential Job Experience
- Previous experience in an Accounting role
- Xero experience essential
- Previous experience dealing with Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
Essential Job Skills
- Strong professional service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Deadline driven, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Conversant with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in XERO Accounting Software
Personal Behaviours and Competencies
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals internally and externally
- Maintains integrity and professionalism
- Strong time management
- Ability to work autonomously and is driven to achieve results
- Demonstrates composure in pressure situations
- Able to simultaneously manage a diverse range of projects
- Task-orientated and focused
The office is based at No.1 The Strand, in stunning surroundings with a friendly and professional team.
If you are looking for a challenging role in a positive and friendly environment, plus the benefits of working with a locally owned company from one of Tauranga's most beautiful historic buildings then please APPLY ONLINE with your up to date CV and cover letter.