Does hard news get your blood pumping? Does the passion run deep - deep enough to leap out of bed and rush to a scene? Is the weekend just something that gets in the way of another great news day?
You could be the newshound fanatic we’re looking for.
Sun Media Ltd, the Bay of Plenty's vibrant independent news and publishing company is seeking a passionate journalist for the Tauranga newsroom. The company is looking for an energetic, flexible and knowledgeable journalist who can apply skills to both print and online media, and won’t rest until the job is done.
The successful person will be able to work to deadlines, be flexible to do shift work when required, identify news opportunities and produce interesting and engaging content across all audiences. Journalism should be your life, not your 9 to 5.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Degree or equivalent in Journalism.
- Preferably have at least two years’ experience working in a newsroom with a print/digital mix, however new graduates fuelled with passion and excitement - and keen to learn - are very welcome to apply.
- Local knowledge is desired.
- Exceptional organisational skills and efficiency are a must.
- Efficient, conscientious, yet commanding abilities to deal with the public, emergency services, journalists, columnists and photographers.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm, working to key performance indicators.
- The hard nose to get the story, and compassion to follow up on the outcomes.
- The kind of person that hears a bang and runs towards it.
- Be handy with a camera – photos and video
Sun Media dominates the Bay of Plenty news with live news websites, including the award winning SunLive.co.nz, which tops the ratings with, on average, 750,000 to over 1 million page impressions each week.
Sun Media is the home of many of the Bay of Plenty's leading news, rural and lifestyle publications. A locally-owned company based in Tauranga it produces the very popular Weekend Sun with circulation of 66,000 residential homes; Coast & Country rural lifestyle news, Waterline water-sports magazine, New Farm Dairies.
If you are looking for a challenging role, in a positive and friendly environment, plus the benefits of working with a locally-owned company from one of Tauranga's most beautiful historic buildings located at No. 1 The Strand, apply today.