We are currently seeking a flexible and experienced Maintenance Manager who is driven and looking for a challenge. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the core responsibility of the position is to lead and manage the Engineering Operations of the large manufacturing facility. This will include management of mechanical personnel and ensuring contractors are utilised effectively. Working in tandem with the Production Manager you will ensure effective and efficient asset utilisation is realised and all maintenance related costs are minimised.
You will be involved in setting, reviewing and implementing maintenance strategy, and ensuring that equipment is operating effectively and efficiently, building a continuous improvement culture that embraces strong positive behavioural and team work traits. You will also be a technical lead in the development and improvement of preventative and predictive maintenance systems.
As the successful candidate, you must have the following skills and attributes;
- Mechanical or engineering trade qualification with relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing/production/printing environment
- Experience using computerised equipment including PLC controlled equipment
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Solid mechanical skills
- An electrical licence will be a bonus
- Proven leadership and coaching capability.
- Good communication skills, with a collaborative working style and the ability to develop strong business relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work under pressure, prioritising competing demands and responding to organisational contingencies as they arise.
- Initiative, decisiveness and follow-through.
- Strong analytical problem-solving abilities and excellent computer literacy.
In return for your skills and experience our client will offer you:
- An excellent salary and benefits
- An opportunity for growth and development within a large organisation who will invest in your success.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To be considered for this position please apply online and attach a current CV and any relevant employment related certificates or for further information please contact Jayatri Chandra on 09 583 1502.